Saturday, October 07, 2006

More of Violet


Another shot of Violet. Violet and I took a walk this evening, and as it grew dark, she insisted that it was like morning - I'm guessing that she was associating the dissipation of light, as it looked like once the sun set, with what the sky looks like in the mornings (she's a very early riser). She also loved talking about squirrels (or ardia, as she calls them), and imitated what a squirrel does when it's eating - she bent down and ate off the grass. We both agreed that squirrels love nuts, and that Violet herself does not like nuts, but likes licorice, soy milk, bananas, sweet potatoes, apples, mush, Balance bars and egg protein powder. She's a very funny girl and loves to laugh and talk. She's curious and thoughtful and tells a lot of stories.

It's definitely fall in Los Angeles now, and the air is just stunning. Work is going well enough, I'm in the middle of inking an eight page segment for a Marvel book distributed to the troops in combat, as well as finishing another page in a long term project this weekend. I don't rest much - i haven't had a vacation in 3 years and I'm past complaining about it, I just have my rythym of working every day. I don't think I've gone without drawing something or inking something every single day in over 30 years (nearly 11,000 days of drawing). The total of non-drawing days in my life since I was 4 years old might be about 15. It just defines me now. I'll die having left behind a batch of scribbles and ink marks - a vain attempt at some sort of immortality in the face of certain oblivion. I'm assuming I only have inbetween 1 and 18,000 days left, better get cracking on some more artwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home