Friday, March 30, 2007

Weapon Cover Stuff!

More Weapon stuff!
I thought I'd delineate the process of coming up with the cover to issue 1. When I do my sketching process, I do it on the computer. I went through about 4 or 5 cover sketches that were along the lines of just Tommy Zhou in the darkness, without any detail besides Tommy's Dragon symbol costume and the idea of maybe a dragon sort of thing floating in the background-


I thought about turning the logo sideways, and did about 3 or 4 of those - similar to this one-



The whole book is action packed - so I thought about a huge fight scene- (which led to the cover for issue 2, you'll see) I did a long cover concept that would have tied up one huge fight into all 4 issues - I won't post it here yet because it has too many spoilers, but here's the general concept for that first cover-



I finally went back to the first concept, landed on making the dragon a lot larger, focusing on Tommy, and making the background separate from Tommy. I cleaned up the sketch a bit, tightening what I wanted to do with it-



I finished it-



And then Paul Mounts worked 10 times harder than I did-



There ya go! Any questions?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home