Saturday, July 28, 2007

In the Immortal words of Erik Larson



"San Diego is the best of times and it's the worst of times. It's a blast and it's a drag. It's everything good and everything bad all rolled into one. And every year I hear folks say, 'I'm just going to have fun this year in San Diego.'" -Erik Larson

Every year I swear I'm no longer going to San Diego -
and every year I go.

I'm honestly not sure I can take it anymore - it's too much of everything. Everyone is so puffed up, and so overwhelmed, and is so self important and drugged up on charm that to me it just feels like High School on steroids. Add the adult stench of desperation and the sour sweat of tin-can dreams and you get a real sense of what it's like through my eyes.

But I kind of enjoyed Wednesday and Thursday and if I have to go again I'll stick with Wednesday and Thursday and avoid Friday - Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home