Saturday, August 11, 2007

My experience of Chicago Con vs. San Diego Con


Well, I think this weekend proved it to me.

All the comic book news sites cover these conventions so thoroughly - the Pulse, Newsarama, CBR (from where the above photo is cribbed). Couple all the blogs and news and wire reports with a few great podcasts (Around Comics, iFanboy, etc) from the floor of the show and I don't think I will ever need to go to another Convention - I can just live them vicariously. I can even follow individual loons on the Con floor through Twitter - are they eating the nasty plastic pizza? Are they walking by a booth with certified 500-dollar-a-day BoothBabes?

As a result, I feel 10x better about the Chicago Con than I did about the San Diego Con - simply because I'm not there. Goodbye convention floor - hello comfort of my home office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home