Friday, April 11, 2008

My one thought about Secret Invasion-

-which, I'm sure will be answered in a few issues time...
I'm guessing that some of the heroes and villians that came out of the skrull ship were skrulls and some were not. So-

What possible advantage to the skrulls would it be to send skrull versions of 70's heroes to Antarctica?

Let's say that John McCain is running for president in 2008 and a version of John McCain showed up that looked just like John McCain from before he was captured by the Vietnamese, would you trust the old looking one or the guy who looks like he's 40, claiming he was abducted by space aliens?

So - I just keep hitting against this loop-
Old McCain is either real McCain, which people might believe.
Old McCain is a skrull, which people might believe.
Spaceship 40 year-old McCain is a skrull, which people might believe.
Spaceship 40 year-old McCain is real McCain, which people would have a hard time believing.
So-
If Spaceship McCain is a skrull, and it would be hard to believe that he was really McCain, how good a disguise is it then?

Nixon's Dead. I know Nixon's dead. If Nixon stepped off a spaceship, would I believe he was really Nixon? Wouldn't it be easier to believe that a Nixon stepping out of an alien ship would be likelier to be an alien associated with that ship? How good a disguise would that be?

5 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

...would you trust the old looking one or the guy who looks like he's 40, claiming he was abducted by space aliens?

I would trust the one who had the sense to deny he was the real John McCain.

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger Scott Koblish said...

I kind of think the Nixon idea might have merit, the more I think about it...

"Oh my god - stepping out of that spaceship ... it's ... it's... Nixon?!!"

Noxinixon Nation!

 
At 5:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he's visiting from Earth Prime to help us out here, where the Crime Syndicate is in charge.

 
At 6:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smooth...

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger Scott Koblish said...

everyone knows the Crime Syndicate's from Earth 3.

and Marvel's got it's own Parallel earths - Earth Marketing (where all the licensing happens), Earth Movie, Ultimate Earth, 1602 Earth and Marvel Adventures Earth. It's not 52 of 'em, but they don't have "Daredevil by Gaslight Earth" and I don't know if that's any kind of loss.

I know - smooth, I know- I'll get to
it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home