Wednesday, June 11, 2008

While reading this, thought that

"EW’s Bernardin says under-estimating Watchmen as just a cult book is a mistake.

'...Let’s not forget, Watchmen has sold millions of copies, and it’s widely respected as one of the 20th century’s great books. By and large, the people who’ve only ever read one graphic novel — Watchmen was the one. So there’s a pretty large installed base there.'”

I know I bought 3 different versions of that series - the original monthly series, a first trade paperback 10 years later and the Absolute edition (I lost the trade, hey - I moved 13 times in 14 years). I know I'm not unusual - couldn't the "Millions" of readers really be 3 times less that amount?

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM , Blogger Isaac said...

In my experience, the people who have only read one graphic novel have usually either read Maus or Persepolis. I'm just saying, is all.

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Scott Koblish said...

I agree, although for me it was either Maus or Love and Rockets. I haven't read Persepolis yet, behind in my reading...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home