Sunday, March 15, 2009

Watchmen 2

There seems to be a lot of gnashing about the Watchmen movie dropping off in sales, but what I've noticed is that the sales of the trade paperback this last week have just exploded. There is such a huge divide between the amount of people willing to see a movie and willing to buy a comic book (I'd say 50 to 1), but it seems to me like a lot of the people who watched the movie have gone and bought the comic book, which is what I, as a maker of comic product, really wants.

Seems like a win to me.

And if the studio decides it's not worth it to make a sequel? - another win.

So my best guess - 7 million viewers turned into 1 million readers, which is more readers of comic book than have been around for a long, long time. I hope some of them stay and buy something else worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home