Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Whew-

Well, uploading the Eight Immortal story felt like quite a bit to get done on top of all the other stuff I've been up to, so I'm glad it's over. It reminded me of what I liked about the project to begin with, and it was for the most part a positive experience for me. If I hadn't done it, I wouldn't have gotten the Weapon, which I really enjoyed, and if I hadn't done the Weapon, I wouldn't have gotten to do the Marvel Adventures stuff I've gotten to do over the last year, which I also really enjoy, so I think I can chalk it up in the win column.

I'd really like to get back to the Immortals someday, but at this point I have no less than 5 projects that have never gotten the love, attention and time I need to devote to them, and I've got no money to feed the time it would take to tackle any of them.

I've got too many ideas, and most days it's almost a torture to think of all of them. The Might, The Enabler, SK8, Eight Immortals, the Stranger and The Black Corsair are all sitting in a pile next to my desk, silently weeping. I'm surprised the Weapon got completed, frankly, since I was inking two books a month while I was pencilling and inking it at the same time. I just wish I had 24 more hours in every day.

At this point I've got my hands full - I spent 3 hours in Beverly Hills today doing layouts while Katie got her monthly torture session from the dentist, with a promised root canal next week that will equal our mortgage payment for the month. It will take me two weeks to earn enough to pay off what the dentist will earn in less than 2 hours. It's a frustrating experience listening to the "debate" on health care. Let me tell you, most people don't realize what getting sick in American Society will do to you financially, and nearly everyone thinks that if you get sick, you somehow deserved it. Katie's been going through absolute torture for over 20 years, and she's been though some truly horrific dental procedures. I can't believe she can still walk into a dentists' office without collapsing on the floor a sobbing mess.

Anyway, I took a break from the layouts to meander around Beverly Hills. I like the town enough, there's a nice coffee shop I've found where I can sit and wrestle with a script, but I don't really understand the appeal. The houses on Rodeo are maybe four times the size of my house on a little less than twice the land I've got, but they haven't got any real yards or anything. The walls are certainly higher, and the trees are certainly bigger, maybe that's part of it. I'm probably missing something, but I'm content with never knowing.

I got to see the color proofs for Wolverine: First Class #15 and the colors looks great! Very pleased with how it's turning out.

Google Analytics has been very revealing for me; it seems updating the blog with new content does nothing for the traffic. Mostly just a small group of old friends visit here, always less than 10 per day which is fine with me. Consider yourself one of the chosen few.

3 Comments:

At 5:25 AM , Blogger jayverni said...

Always wondered if Google Analytics picks up those of us that use a news reader...but I do consider one of myself the few, the proud, the "FozFans"

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger Isaac said...

I'm pretty sure Analytics only counts the actual visits to the site, not RSS feed reads. So it's possible you're getting more readers than you are hits, since (for example) I mainly only come to the site when I'm going to leave a comment.

I don't know whether it'd help at all for me to link to the Eight Immortals pages, but maybe later this week I'll put up a little post about them to encourage people to check them out.

Of course, I don't really get much more traffic than you do...

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Scott Koblish said...

don't know the answers, but I see that someone checks the blog from Burlington, Vermont whenever I post something new.

I just got analytics because i suspected it was 10 people, and now i can "prove" it. It makes me feel better, honestly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home